I’m an admirer of Tara Brabazon. When I was doing my Masters degree, I came across her YouTube video and was inspired by her lifestyle and spirit!
One of my favourite Vlogs of hers is Vlog 140 – Morning.
Here is how she spends her morning:
- 2:00 Get up, have a shower, make coffee, have vitamin C
- 2:20 – 4:20 Write
- 4:20 Weight and Yoga
- 4:40 Gym, 2.5 cardio with 1-hour audiobooks/podcast, 1.5 hours making Vlog
- 8:10 Arrive office
Yes, she wakes up at 2:00! I was like, ‘Hewat???’ But she claims she’s been doing it for the past 20 years of her academic life.
Now, what happens if I follow her morning routine? I mean, I can’t do 2:00, but I can manage 4:30! The reason to get up at 4:30 is that I do cleaning volunteer every Sunday from 5 a.m. If I keep getting up at 4:30, then I thought it would stick, and it will not be pain on Monday anymore:-)
So, here is my current morning routine:
- 4:30 Get up (or rather waking up…), wash face, make tea (I love coffee, but trying to avoid first thing in the morning coffee for my stomach.)
- 5:20 Schedule for the day
- 5:30 – 7:30 Writing
Interesting. I can already see what I should improve in my morning routine when comparing Tara’s. It takes too long to start work. Maybe I can schedule for the day and get tea ready the day before.
New morning routine:
- 4:30 Get up, wash face, make tea
- 5:00 – 7:00 Write
- 7:00 Breakfast
- 7:30 – 8:00 Cleaning
- 8:00 – 8:15 Morning drama (I can’t miss this…)
- 8:15 Office (I mean currently ‘home office’.)
See what’s happening in a month!